Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Worry (the dumb kind)

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34


Sometimes I wish I lived in the olden days, really just that I lived on Little House on the Prairie, this is what I picture "olden" days looking like (I know it's probably unrealistic, but stick with me).

You just live in your little wood house, one big happy family, no phone calls to take, no emails to check, no gas bill, no electric bill, no water bill, no car troubles, no thought put into your clothing because everyone looks homely and its okay, you buy everything at ONE store (The General Store, of course) and you don't have a ridiculous schedule, the best part of all. You take it day by day.

See? How wonderful does that sound?

Never-mind the measles, snakebites, cholera, exhaustion and broken legs (all possible threats, I know this because of Oregon Trail).

With my schedule I don't know how not to worry about the next day. I always have something going on that begs my attention. Something to think on, plan out and prepare for, which in turn manifests itself into worry.

I honestly think its harder for us nowadays to not worry about tomorrow because of our rigid schedules, they force us to always be looking ahead.

This is how bad it is, I'll be worrying about something, get distracted and then I'll try to remember what it is I was worrying about so I can get back to it. Did you catch that? I'll actually TRY to remember the worry so I can continue it.

I wish I was kidding! Who does that??

Our dog had his little boy parts removed about a month ago, everything went well and then a couple weeks later something didn't seem right. I obsessed about it for two days, worried, is he infected? What if its spread? He's walking weird...this is definitely not his regular walk. Is he going to die?

I took him to the animal hospital (not even our regular vet) on a Sunday y'all! The busiest Sunday I have probably ever had and yet that one open hour, I picked Hosmer up and we pranced on in only to find out it was just a "little" irritated and if it would make me feel better I could put Neosporin on it.

The night before, Todd said, "Kelsey, I really think you need to relax, I mean what are you going to do when we have kids?"

And, you know what? I have no idea. Because as of right now...I will be the mom who checks on her infant fifteen times a night just to make sure they are still breathing.

I pass children in the grocery store throwing a fit and immediately begin worrying I'll have those kids. How in the world have I already thought about that and we don't even have children?

Jerry (Todd's dad) said he knew he was in for it when he walked into the room and toddler Todd was ripping up James Dobsons, Strong Willed Child.

I wasn't any better.

Odds are we will have those kids.

This has got to stop, I have to learn how to take these absolutely ridiculous worries captive.

Although it does say, do not worry about tomorrow...not do not worry about 4 years from now in Wal-mart.

So maybe I'm not in too bad of shape. ;)

-Kels



No comments:

Post a Comment