Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Holy, Holy, Holy

Heaven and earth are full
Full of Your glory, Your glory
My soul it overflows
Full of Your glory, Your glory
Oh, blessed is He who reigns
Full of Your glory, Your glory
My cup it can't contain
All of Your glory, Your glory
Hosanna, we are found
After all you are 
Holy, Holy
Oh, Holy
Holy, Holy, Holy 
-David Cowder
"After All Holy"  

You know how there are certain songs that convict you/make you think about things you never have before?

Thank you David Crowder for letting you heart pour out into song and thank you Lord for using this to let me see things how they really are.

"Kelsey, you do everything in your power to make sure things are perfect, you work so hard to never be wrong so you can always be right, isn't it exhausting always striving?"

Truth. As much as I hate hearing it at the time I am thankful for those in my life who are willing to point it out. Iron sharpening iron and yes, it is absolutely exhausting.

I went into the retreat carrying the weight of those words.

As we sang "Holy, Holy, Holy," I came to this realization, I will never be perfect, my striving is pointless, there is a Holiness up high that I (or you) cannot attain.

When I let the honesty of that sink in, really sink in, I felt an overwhelming peace. That in my mess, I am completely pleasing to the Lord. He isn't asking me to strive and try harder to be a better person, he doesn't define me by my works, He is concerned with my heart and the most important thing about me is that I am His daughter.

After talking to other women it's apparent that so many of us are like this. Trying so hard to reach perfection, setting a standard for ourselves that He isn't setting for us.

Striving after things that are never going to fulfill us. And when that pursuit falls through we'll be looking for the next thing to define us or the next item on our list to complete without flaw so we can sit back and feel flawless as well.

I don't know what things will look like in the next life, but in this one we are told His grace is sufficient. I just want to be able to walk in that.



The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17 

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 

No comments:

Post a Comment